Whether your pet has been by your side for a decade or only a few years, saying goodbye is never easy. And one of the most difficult parts of processing your pet’s passing is choosing between pet cremation or burial in Ferndale, NY. This decision is often very emotional; it’s also a personal decision that can give pet owners pause no matter which option they choose.
Companion Memorial Crematorium understands that pet owners need as much information (and compassion) as possible to make the decision that’s right for them. We know that each pet owner’s process is different, and we’re here when you’re ready.
Pet cremation or burial?
Whether it’s a cultural or personal decision, pet burial has been a common course for pet owners for a long time. For some, knowing that their pet is buried close by is the determining factor. And while we understand that there’s a peace that comes with pets’ placement in our backyards, this is not always a viable option.
Many pet owners rent and are therefore unable to bury their pets on nearby property, even if there’s space to do so. Even for homeowners, other issues arise, too, including:
- State and municipal laws regarding at-home burial
- How the pet died
- Water table depth
- Soil type
These issues can quickly become a source of frustration and stress during a time when those are some of the last emotions pet owners want to process. Pet cremation, however, gives pet owners a compassionate alternative to burial.
Why pet cremation?
While burial presents hurdles, our pet cremation services in Ferndale, NY, offer pet owners a different path. Pet cremation bypasses any potential restrictions you may face when burying your pet, mitigating any additional emotional or financial issues.
Cremation offers an economic, accessible, and more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional burial and provides several benefits, including:
- Keeping your pet close by once they have passed
- The option for a memorial service
- Undivided support during the entire process, including optional memorial
Compassion and expertise for you and your pet
We know that even choosing cremation for your pet is tough. It’s among the final decisions you’ll make regarding your pet, and it’s a heavy one. Since 2005, we’ve helped our Ferndale neighbors give their pets a compassionate, more environmentally sustainable alternative to burial.
Our crematorium sits among the gardens of the Sullivan County Animal Hospital, where pet owners have come for years when their pets needed medical attention. We’re proud to be a part of the tradition of treating people and their companions with compassion and empathy during one of life’s most challenging times.
Cremation options to meet your needs
We know that each pet owner’s preferred way to say goodbye is deeply personal, and that’s why we offer a few different cremation options, including:
- Private cremation: your pet’s private cremation with no other companion animals
- Individual cremation: your pet will be cremated with other companion animals, but kept separate
- Group cremation: your pet will be cremated with other pets, and their remains not returned to you
- Transfer services: you may pick up your deceased companion animal from a Catskills-area veterinarian office
- Urns: you choose from among several unique urns to remember your pet
- At-home pet euthanasia: Our hospital affiliate, the Animal Hospital of Sullivan County, provides a veterinarian for compassionate, end-of-life care
Give your companion a compassionate cremation with Companion Memorial
We know that saying goodbye is difficult. But deciding on pet cremation doesn’t have to add to the emotional toll your beloved pet’s passing imparts. Companion Memorial is proud to offer affordable, compassionate cremation services in Ferndale, NY. Reach out to us today to learn more about how we can help you honor your deceased companion animal.